sábado, 17 de enero de 2009

I’d like to tell you about my latest teaching experience in an extraordinary school thanks to a friend of mine. So, thank you Ana for letting me experience another way of teaching and caring.


It was different from what I know from the state schools. For a start, I´m amazed at how many more hours the teachers work and the commitment they show towards the students in what are rather challenging circumstances. The ratio of immigrants to locals is very high, more so than any other school I’ve taught in. However, the staff tries to make the most of the situation and stoically accept the conditions.

Apart from this, I’m not surprised that the “concertada” teachers want parity with the state school regarding salaries, even though they know that they’ll always have to work many more hours.

So, thanks Ana for letting me see it, as I used to think that the disparity between the two systems was not such a big deal. Now, I’m not so sure.

1 comentario:

megat dijo...

Hi!! Your blog are very nice and more info. I hope follow my blog and please click my google ads.